Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chapter 10: Gibson Park

Gibson Park has always been considered the jewel of the City of Great Falls park system.   Located jus north of the Civic Center along Park Drive between 1st and 8th streets, it contains flower gardens, a pond with waterfowl, a bandshell, walking paths, playground equipment, picnic areas, and other amenities.  My parents were particularly fond of the gardens, but my brother, sister and I preferred the playground equipment, the swings in particular.

I assume this picture was taken on a Sunday after church, as Larry and I are wearing our best clothes.  That's quite the snazzy jacket he's sporting, though I look to be perfectly content in my jacquard patterned v-neck sweater.  Stone tower flower beds were found throughout the park.


Larry, who would later establish himself as a landscaper of note in Warren, Pennsylvania, files away a few ideas for future reference.  Zooming in on my hands, I discovered that I'm holding two stones.  I don't recall ever having a rock collection, so I doubt if I took them home with me.


It's a bird.....it's a plane.....it's a pose worthy of the front page of a church bulletin.  It would have been a more effective shot had the sun not hidden behind a cloud temporarily.


No comments:

Post a Comment