Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chapter 30: Barb's 1st Birthday

Barb look oblivious to both the camera and her angel-food birthday cake, but my big smile and eye contact make up for her disinterest.

A few random observations.

Since just about the beginning of this slide review, we have regularly seen me wearing suspenders.  Guess this item of apparel was more than just a short-lived fad.

I have no memory of the lampshade, which looks like something that ran away from the circus.

The decorative cups and saucers displayed on the wall to the left of the floor lamp are part of a collection that Mom must have had well in place by this time.  They are now on a hutch in the dining room of the house on East Third Avenue in Warren, Pennsylvania, waiting for her three sons to lay claim to them.  As much as I treasure these items, due to their long association with Mom, I'm not sure what JoAnna and I would do with them.  Eventually pass them along to our daughter-in-laws?

No comments:

Post a Comment