Monday, October 3, 2011

Chapter 29: Another Visit to Gibson Park

From the sight of coats, hats, and a kerchief, it appears to be a cool, early spring day in Great Falls.  Posing sweetly and confidently for the camera, Barb looks very stylish in her matching light blue coat and hat.  That's not me between the two people wearing red tops.  I was tall for my age, but not that outsized at age 5 1/2.


Barb's in a much more contemplative mood in this second photo.  

Is that all there is....to a swing? she seems to be asking herself.  Is that all there is? Doesn't someone want to give me a push?

That's not me hanging on the pull-up bar in the background.  First of all, Mom would have quickly discouraged such an activity.

Get off that thing, Paul.  You might fall and crack your head open.

Yes, parents really talked like that in the 1950s.  Another favorite expression, uttered in anger or frustration:  I could wring your neck.


No comments:

Post a Comment