Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chapter 24: Bedroom Dresser

(The two words printed on the slide mount.)

An arty shot of Mom and Dad's bedroom in the old parsonage in Great Falls.

I don't know if the furnishings are new, or if Dad was attempting a photographic inventory of the house's content.  I wish it were the latter as I have a difficult time remembering the exact layout of the second floor, which four bedrooms and a full bathroom.  Typical of early-20th century home construction, there was no bathroom on the first floor.


I remember well the attractively designed headboard.  It remained a part of my parents' bedroom well into the 1970s, as did the dresser.  In fact, the dresser is now stored in the basement of the former St. Paul's parsonage in Warren, Pennsylvania, where my brother Dale still lives.  Rummaging through its drawers during a visit 5-6 years ago, I discovered a cache of Dad's pocket-size appointment calendars.  When I looked for them last year, the drawer was empty.   Dang!  Should have claimed them while I had the chance.

1 comment:

  1. bespoke kitchens
    It is stunning! I love the dresser and how you've accessorized it.it really beautiful and attractive.

    ReplyDelete