Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chapter 16: Ministers' Wives

At first, I concluded that these women comprised the Ladies' Aid organization at First English Lutheran Church.  Then I recognized the woman wearing the gold butterfly pin in the front row.  That's Gladys Hasselquist, husband of Gene, who was the pastor at St. John's English Lutheran Church in Great Falls.  With both couples having three children about the same age, the Nelsons and Hasselquists became very good friends.  I assume then that this is a meeting of the Great Falls Ministerial Association wives that Mom hosted.  (The 1956 Great Falls telephone directory lists 6 Lutheran churches in the yellow pages, which leads me to believe that this is an ecumenical group.)


An underexposed group shot taken in the living room, which answers the question that popped into my mind when studying the above photo?    At what time of day did this event take place?  It's light outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment