Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chapter 21: Dinner at the Hasselquists

The adults' table.  From left to right:  Mom's face cut in half lengthwise, someone who amazingly resembles Uncle Rudy (my Dad's sister Ruth's husband), Gene Hasselquist, three unidentified women, and a side portion of Gladys Hasselquist's head.  (Not your best work, Dad.)  My clearest memory of the Hasselquist's home is the dark woodwork.
.


The kids' table.  Let's start with the boy in the maroon shirt who stands front and center.  I have no idea who he is or who at the adult table he belongs to. Peeking around his torso is Lynn Hasselquist.  Then we have a Shirley Temple lookalike.  The boy in the maroon pants with suspenders looks likeMaroon Shirt's brother -- look at the shape of their heads -- but it's Peter Hasselquist, Lynn's younger brother.  The girl standing in the doorway looks exactly like Miriam Hasselquist at age 6, at least as I remember her from Christmas photo cards, but she was only two months old at this time.  Larry has already taken a seat, probably thinking, "When are we going to eat?"  I don't know the girl who's wearing what appears to be an apron or oversized bib   She's definitely sending me a very friendly signal.  (Wonder if I responded)  At least I think that's my right ear and the sleeve of my blue cowboy shirt.  I was always tall for my age, but here I seem to tower over the rest of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment